FAQs and Contact us
How do I change my password?
To change your password, once you’ve logged in, click on the options tab located at the top right-hand corner of the homepage, then scroll down to ‘change password’. You can change your password here to a password of your choice. Your password must be between 8-32 characters.
I can't upload a profile picture
To upload a profile picture, once you’ve logged in, click on the ‘my profile’ link at the top right of the homepage. In the ‘profile’ section, click ‘change profile picture’. You can select a default profile image, or click ‘upload one of your own’ and then ‘select file’ to use a picture of your own. Please note the file type must be .jpg .png or a .gif file.
How do I post a discussion?
Discussions are a way for you to talk about what is important for you. We have set up a framework so you can add your comment in the most relevant place, but other than that it is up to you to add a topic and spark a discussion on what you are interested in talking about.
Firstly, navigate to the subject page you feel is most relevant for your post, using the images on the homepage.
Then, in the ‘start a discussion’ section, add a title and comments to your post. You can also add a picture, video, document or link using the icons.
Once you’re happy with it, click ‘submit’. You can delete it afterwards if you aren’t happy with it.
How do I vote or comment on a poll?
Polls appear down the right-hand side of subject pages. You can add your vote to your chosen answer and leave a comment in the box below if you wish. If you don’t want your name to be visible, tick ‘post anonymously’, before clicking ‘submit’ to cast your vote.
Getting in contact with South Staffs Water
If you have any specific queries about the South Staffs Water community and cannot find the answer within these FAQs, please contact the South Staffs Water Community Management via email firstname.lastname@example.org. The South Staffs Water community manager will be able to deal with any technical issues you are experiencing as a member of the community e.g. difficulty logging in.
If you have a question, query or complaint about anything to do with your specific experiences (e.g. issues with your water) please do not post it on the South Staffs Water Community. Instead please use the relevant links and phone numbers below for customer queries:
- Incidents - https://www.south-staffs-water.co.uk/incidents/in-my-area
- Moving home - https://www.south-staffs-water.co.uk/household/moving-home
- Report a leak - https://www.south-staffs-water.co.uk/incidents/report-a-problem
- Water supply - https://www.south-staffs-water.co.uk/household/my-water-supply/leaks
- Appearance of water - https://www.south-staffs-water.co.uk/household/my-water-supply/water-quality/appearance
- Help paying your bills (Assure scheme) - https://www.south-staffs-water.co.uk/household/my-bills-and-payments/my-bill-explained/other-charges-and-tariffs/assure-tariff
- Make a complaint - https://www.south-staffs-water.co.uk/contact-us/making-a-complaint
- Billing and account line - 0345 60 70 456
- Difficulty paying your bill - 0800 09 30 610
- Request a water meter - 0345 45 67 063
- Water enquiries (24 hours) - 0800 389 10 11
- Emergencies (24 hours) - 0800 389 10 11
The South Staffs Water billing and account line is open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. 03 calls are charged at the same rate as landline numbers starting 01 or 02. Phone tariffs with inclusive calls to landlines include 0345 numbers.
If you have any other problems not covered here, please send us an email at email@example.com.